Wednesday, March 14, 2012

School... and my Cane... Make Me Feel like an Alien. Thursday, October 18, 2008

 School is not one of my favorites at all! I used to be fine with school but now ever since the accident happened (and I'm blind from that) everybody is being scared or sympathetic towards me. In school I feel like an alien who just landed on the planet. I'm the only 14 year old (only one) that is blind in the whole school! I have a cane, which is made of these metal rods and it makes a tapping or clinging sound when it hits the ground. In school, I don't really know where I am exactly. I keep banging into things like chairs and desks. In between classes is just the worse. Having to bump into everything! I want to be graceful and cool, but instead I feel clumsy and sweaty. Like my stepmom, Danielle told me from a bible, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." Aren't canes for old people though? Yes, canes are for senior citizens, not teenagers! The 1st thing I had to learn was to use a cane which was kinda hard in school I'm pretty sure kids just stay away from me, so that works because I can get by easier. I would always get the feeling that people were looking at me. I would think I heard someone whispering about me, but I just feign that it's my imagination. Kids at school just usually never talk to me at all., but in two more years I will be getting a guide dog. People will probably be talking more to the dog then me.
Nobody talks to me at school. My teachers are sympathetic and are always feeling bad for me or they are expecting me to do work as fast as a sighted person. The teacher that expects me to me done work the same time all the other kids are, is Mr. waDELL. He'd always say "Just because you have a handicap, I'm not going to be lenient with you." He's not my favorite teacher, but hes's alright.
I wish my friends would just accept who I am now, because only Sadie and Kenzie are my best friends in school.
I don't want to be like an alien from another planet and don't want to deal with being blind. though I'm afraid of becoming a sighted person...
I really do not want to feel like an alien anymore.  

Me (Cheynne) waiting for Danielle, my step mom, to pick me up after school
(Thank goodness I'm not wearing Nike for once!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment