Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Best Friend. Wednesday, June 23 , 2010

Oh my goodness, I love my best friend. He’s smart, fun, and loyal. He’s always there for me, even when I’m in a bad mood.  He also has four feet, a long tail, and a wet nose.  His name is Phantom and he’s my new guide dog. I got him the day after my 16th birthday and my guide dog trainer trained me how to use my guide dog to get around. I got used to holding this sturdy harness on the dog beside me on the left most the time. He walks me where ever I need to go, like streets. Phantom has a little something called intelligent disobedience. He used that in a way like this: One day when I was about to cross an intersection, I told Phantom “Forward.” He didn’t listen to me, so again I said “Forward” kind of puzzled that he didn’t go. Instead with him bony head Phantom pushed me about 2 feet back onto the sidewalk before a car ran me over into fours. Thank goodness I have Phantom to be my eyes for now on. J

No comments:

Post a Comment