Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Car Accident. Friday 2010

It was a warm, relaxing, summer day on Wednesday August 1, 2007 and I was thirteen. I was going for a long walk down a long straight road with my mom and my old dog Spencer and we were walking on the left side of the road (there were no sidewalks) facing traffic. There was two cars behind use that were drag racing. Appearently, the man in a car panicked and swerved over so he was right behind use.
The last words I said to my mom was, "It looks like our shadows are walking backward."
Next thing you know the car (probably going 60 mi/hour), hit my mom, me, and.... my dog Spencer.
Our bodies soared across the sky. My mom's body ended up almost a block from where we were first hit. The car sadly ran right over my dog Spencer. It didn't hit me full on, or I'd be dead, too. Instead the car threw me into a pole (which was the speed limit sign and I smacked the top of my head into it).
For only a few seconds I was unconscious, but when I woke up I could not see anything. I could ony feel the blood running down my face, and then I knew why I couldn't see. I am now blind. I knew my arm was broken, but everything else seemed to be okay. I was screaming for my mom, feeling around with the good arm. All I could find was one of her shoes. That's when I guess she was litterally knocked out of her shoes. Then it came to me, that if one of her shoes was here....she's gone.

When I was held hostage in 2010, I told Griffin about my mom and my accident. I never would have thought that I could open myself up to dreadful memories like this one. At least Griffin understands the story that was told.

No comments:

Post a Comment